Work-life has shifted over the last few years. While many people are back in person at their physical offices, plenty of other employees still work from home and will continue to do so during their careers! And with so many people working from home, more people than ever ask themselves, “what style of cabinets would fit into my work-from-home space to make my new home office more efficient and work-friendly?”
With so many options, it is best to work with professionals to determine which cabinets will fit into your new home office space. At Red Rose Cabinetry, we’ve been helping people add beautiful cabinetry to their homes for many years, so we have the experience and know-how to guide you through this decision. Get in touch with us today to learn more!
Schedule A Design Consultation
Why Have a Dedicated Work-From-Home Space?
Working and living in the same space is one of the more common changes in modern life. For some, the breakfast table becomes a corporate office, or the living room is a new backdrop for all important client meetings. However, this setup can be difficult for some employees. A dedicated workspace in the home can help you mentally separate from work and home life.
Even if you don’t have a dedicated room for your office, carving out a space and making it work-friendly can help you mentally separate your workspace from your home life. Some things are simple, like setting up your space each morning, or more involved, like adding new cabinetry and a desk to a bedroom to create that space. No matter what you do to create that place, having a well-organized home workspace with built-in cabinetry can reduce home-life distractions and help you focus on the work at hand.
What Are Some Styles of Cabinets to Choose From for a Home Office?
There are plenty of custom cabinet styles to consider when you dedicate a space in your home to your new office location. Traditional cabinets can be found in the kitchen or bathroom, but you can add cabinetry to any room in your home to add a bit of organization and style. Here are some of the most popular types of cabinets available:
- Shaker Style Cabinetry: This cabinet style features a clean, simple design with flat panels and sharp edges. It’s known for its minimalist look and functionality and can be the perfect addition to any home’s aesthetic because it is so simple and classic.
- Louvered Style Cabinetry: This style features horizontal wooden slats that give a cottage-like aesthetic to the cabinetry. It’s often used in a beach or nautical-themed interiors, making it suitable for a home office that you might want to think of as being “separate from the home.” The unique features of this cabinet style make it easy to mentally separate yourself from the look of your house and your designated office space.
- Mission Style Cabinetry: You can easily identify these cabinets by simple, straight lines with distinctive paneling and hardware design. It originated in the early 20th century as a part of the Arts and Crafts movement and has maintained its popularity.
- Beadboard Style Cabinetry: This style features vertical grooves or beads that are routed into the front of the cabinet doors. It’s often used in country, cottage, or vintage-style kitchens but can be a cozy addition to a home office of a book lover or person who appreciates a homier aesthetic.
- Raised Panel Style Cabinetry: This style features a raised center panel that gives the cabinetry a classic, timeless look. It’s often used in traditional or luxurious interiors, so it’s an excellent choice for any home office that will be the backdrop for big client meetings and frequent zoom calls.
And in addition to the different styles of wooden cabinets available, there are also some other options you can choose from for your cabinetry to personalize your space further!
- Built-in Cabinets: Of all the styles of cabinets, these cabinets are ideal for maximizing space and can be used to store books, work-specific paperwork, office-issued electronics, and other office supplies you may need to make working from home more enjoyable. Built-in cabinets are also sleek and give any space an upgraded look of sophistication.
- Open Shelving Cabinets: If you want to make a statement with your storage space, open shelving cabinets are a great choice. These cabinets are essentially shelves with no doors or drawers so that you can display items like books, trinkets, and other decorative objects.
- Glass Cabinets: For those who want to add a touch of elegance to their home office, glass cabinets are a great choice. Cabinets with glass doors make for an attractive background in a home office because you can display your most prized possessions while keeping them protected from dust and other elements within the home.
Schedule A Design Consultation
How to Choose a Style of Cabinets for Your Home Office?
When choosing cabinets for your home office, it’s essential to consider both functionality and design. If you have specific storage needs that can’t be met with stock cabinetry, custom cabinetry might be the solution. This option allows you to customize your cabinets’ size, shape, and layout to fit your space and storage needs perfectly.
On the other hand, if you are prioritizing storage over aesthetics, traditional cabinets within preselected styles might be a better choice. Whatever style of cabinet you choose, be sure to consider factors like storage capacity, durability, and position in your home when making your decision.
Have Questions About What Style of Cabinets Would Suit Your Space Best?
Carving out a peaceful, quiet, productive, dedicated space for your work-from-home needs can be difficult for any household! It’s no problem if you need expert advice because we at Red Rose Cabinetry are ready to help. Questions like “What cabinet style would suit my home office best?” or “is there enough space in this room for built-in cabinetry?” are easy for our team to answer. Get in touch with us today to learn more!